Kyle with his buddies!

Kyle with his buddies!
I made these cookies for family home evening with this family! They were a big hit

Monday, November 18, 2013

November 4, 2013

     This week was pretty good.  We had a lot of people say they would come to church, but it rained, so most of them stayed home.  However this old guy that we baptized, he was there, and he shared one of the most sincere and humble testimonies I have seen to this day in my life.  Everyone was shocked I think and he said in the end, "I know I have found the right place and it's here that I will stay until I die".  Man the spirit was so strong.  We did lots of teaching too! Yesterday at church I taught the joint lesson for the Elders quorum and Relief Society.  So that was pretty fun!  Oh and I forgot, we had this guy show up to church last week that works for Walmart.  He was baptized 19 years ago and has been inactive for a long time because of work.  But he was having some family problems so he decided to come back and stop working so much on Sunday and now he is firm.  He was come 2 weeks in a row! And we are teaching his wife who is not a member.  Nor are they married, so hopefully we'll be having another wedding soon!  And the fun part is he actually speaks English pretty well so we've been talking!
     This week was transfers...I'm staying in Salvador!!!  A new elder arrived in our apartment that's hawaiian and from Alaska!  haha funny I know!  He is really cool and fun to have around!
   Elder Gaverett is coming this next week so I'm super excited to hear from another General Authority! The spirit is always so strong.  I think he is the area presidency of Brazil!
  Well that's about it for this week.  Sorry no pictures.  I'm headed to get a haircut and go to the ice cream place again with some members.  So I'll take pictures and send them next week.
Love you!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment