Kyle with his buddies!

Kyle with his buddies!
I made these cookies for family home evening with this family! They were a big hit

Monday, October 28, 2013

October 28, 2013

So this week was a good one!  This area is really heating up!!!  We got a ton of people reactivated this month and have lots of prospects for baptism this next transfer.  Oh ya, I found out I'm staying here this transfer with my companion!  Tonight we are going to teach this family that we found last week and they seemed really good.  I pray that they have been reading and are ready for our lesson tonight.  We also are teaching several spouses of members.  One has totally stopped drinking and is ready for baptism so that's exciting! So yesterday I spoke in Sacrament meeting, taught Gospel Principles and confirmed our new baptism.  It's crazy how busy Sundays can be but I love them!  One thing I know you will be excited about...when I went to the mission home last week to get my package and mail I saw my release date...I leave here on May 22 and get home on the 23rd...which is Dad's birthday!

So here's something kind of freaky...this catholic church we went to see last week has "powers" to heal sick people but you have to take a picture of that person and and take a plastic part of their body there.  So this was the room full of plastic body parts and pictures of people hanging on the walls.  
We had a baptism this week!!!  yaaaaa!  The old guy next to me was baptized by the member on his left.  A while ago a member brought him to church and he enjoyed it so much he kept coming alone!  He's been coming for over a month now and yesterday in Elder's quorum he made a comment that was super good and I think everyone was shocked!  He's a pretty funny guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment