Kyle with his buddies!

Kyle with his buddies!
I made these cookies for family home evening with this family! They were a big hit

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

October 10, 2012 "Chat"

Mom:  How is the teaching going?
Kyle:  We are close with a couple family's we just have to finish with them! The teaching is going good, also a lady is going to get married who has been going to church for  a year, waiting for her husband to say yes, so she will get baptized soon. I'm super glad too that its finally done. We are doing good!
A Prophet said one time, I'm not sure the exact words and I dont have my note book with me, "when you have the truth there is no need to fear." Thats the challenege here, getting people to really listen, then act, people will let us in and feed us, talk with us, thats easy, but the hardest part is to get them to listen to the feelings that come to them!!! I can see in their eyes, it makes sense, they know it! But people let the roar of the world drown us out, it is my job, to quiet this noise and say listen to the Holy Ghost, it is the job of every member.

One funny thing...A few weeks ago I ate the cartilage of a cows knee.  It was nasty but luckily the Sister understood and only gave me a little bite, but I tried it!  
Mom:  Did you get to watch conference?  Did you hear about the missionary age change?
Kyle:  I did but it was very hard to understand because it was translated into really proper Portuguese that we don't speak out here.  But I am listening to it in English right now and I am blown away! I cant believe it! I just told Davis, I think it was very inspired that this happened when it did, because I really liked my year at college!! But also I think this will be a great oppurtunity for everyone, we do indeed need the extra missionaries now. Also tell Emily she is going on a missionary now, this was soooo cool I started freaking about the sisters, this is huge!!!
Hey also you should read "And upon the Handmaids of the Lord will I pour out my Spirit" by Julie Beck.  I read it this week and I think you will really enjoy it.
 http://www.lds.org/pages/mormon-messages?lang=eng#the-will-of-god watch this mormon message, this is my favorite conference talk of all time, and I knew about it for a while now and it has been a great source of strenght for me. I am teaching Kelly about how to be a mother, and I think about you while I help her with her son, I just want to say thanks mom, for not giving up on me ever, even when I asked for it, you are the best and I love you very very much. 


***He didn't have much time so that's it for today!  

No comments:

Post a Comment