Kyle with his buddies!

Kyle with his buddies!
I made these cookies for family home evening with this family! They were a big hit

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

June 10, 2013

     So this week we had a baptism!  I did the baptismal interview!!!  It was my first one so that was pretty cool.  We started working in the richest neighborhood in the city and we had a little success.  We were able to make a few return visits so that was really good.  We have some great people we are teaching.  I taught the lesson the other day about gifts of the spirit and I said that receiving personal revelation is a gift of the spirit.  We explained that revelation can be received by anyone but warned that people do not receive revelation for those that they do not preside over.  Mere (a woman we have been teaching for months) asked if missionaries can receive revelation for those they are teaching.  I said, "yes, sometimes".  And she proceeded to tell me and the class how one day when me and Elder DSilva were teaching her the Plan of Salvation she felt touched and understood everything.  She said she has always remembered that moment and that she felt the spirit say to her that the Plan of Salvation is true.  I almost started crying in front of the whole class.  It was an incredible inspiration to know that I had been an instrument in God's hands in bringing the truth and joy of the Plan of Salvation into someone's life!  And that she had felt the truth of it made manifest by the power of the Holy Ghost.  I am very grateful for moments like that.  
    I got Grandma's box the other day and was soooo excited.  I was eating lunch on Saturday and it wasn't very good but then I put the Chipotle Tabasco on it and devoured it!!!  You might have to send me more of that!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment