Kyle with his buddies!

Kyle with his buddies!
I made these cookies for family home evening with this family! They were a big hit

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

4th of July chat with Kyle

Mom & Dad:  Hey buddy, how are you doing this week?  Do you get to listen to your IPOD?  Are you glad that we got you that laundry bag that you didn't think you were going to use? :)
Kyle: I'm doing great!!!  This week was a long one but really good and I talked a lot of Portuguese and did lots of learning!  Yes, I get to listen to my IPOD with the speakers and yes I am VERY glad you made me get a laundry bag!
Mom:  Does that stuff that we write to you in Portuguese from google translator, translate pretty accurately?  Have you still been getting lots of letters?
Kyle: It translates OK but not great.  Good enought that I can understand it but it's not correct.  I got a letter from Aunt Jen and Bro. Overson yesterday.  Did Kali and McKann get my letters?
Mom:  I don't know but I will ask them.  
Kyle:  I have started reading a lot of conference talks from before my time because I have an hour on the computer each day that we can study language or talks.  So I have been studying talks and I read a really good one by Pres. Hinkley in April 1993 (That's Kyle's birthday).  It was titled " Lessons I learned as a Boy."  Since reading that I have started ironing my clothes every night! LOL  I bought some starch...how do I use it?  I'm feeling great because they decorated the cafeteria all red, white and blue and we have hamburgers and ice cream for lunch.  Then we got to sing the National Anthem as a whole MCT so that was really cool.  I can pump out some serious push ups now, and I had a couple of new missionaries ask me if I was fluent in Portuguese!  Which I am not but I am getting a lot better!  We also had a workshop where we got to speak English and it was awesome cause I was able to teach a good lesson and ya it was just cool! 
Some new missionaries have trouble saying prayers and sometimes just start throwing out words.  One sister said "abencoa" which means bless us, then pause then "matar" which is the verb for "to kill"!  Me and Elder Jensen were dying it was so funny!  But it's ok, we have had our goof ups while teaching too but luckily we are in the ctm! (CTM is MTC in portuguese)
Mom:  Do you think your getting an accent yet?
Kyle:  I might be but I don't know.  One thing for sure is that Brasillian accented English is the coolest and funniest accent I have ever heard.  We have a choir and one verse will be in English and one in Portuguese and when they sing in English we all start dying laughing.  You should look up the Brasillian National Anthem because we sing it every Sunday night and it's really cool.  

Mom: Well, dad is sitting here dying to talk to you and I don't want to pass the keyboard over, but I will.  I love you tons and I will be sitting here next to him reading his too!
Kyle: Hey pops!
Dad:  Hey buddy!  We went swimming in the rain this morning.  I love getting letters from you!  Keep hard charging, it sounds like you are doing good.  
Kyle:  I will for sure dad!  Sounds like you guys are having fun!  I really do miss swimming and in the rain that sounds awesome!  I am speaking more and more Portuguese each day.  I think by the time I leave here in 5 weeks I will be ready to do some serious work!  Can you have mom send me some addresses and pictures?  Type fast dad because my time is running out!
Dad:  She sent you some addresses yesterday.  We developed the pictures you wanted and will start sending them a few at at time starting today!
Kyle:  Good cause I really need some pictures.  People are always asking about my family so it will be cool to have more pictures.
Dad:  Ok, I love you buddy.  Mom is getting on again!
Kyle:  Oh ok, I love you too dad!!!  Oh I used your conversion story in a lesson this past week and it was awesome!  
Mom:    Well, I know your tie is almost up, but I just wanted to remind you how much we love you and how proud of you that we are.  I think about you so much and what you are doing.  I have started really reading the Doctrine and Cov.  I love it!  Have a great week!  
Kyle:  There's some great stuff in there.  I wish I could read more of that but I mostly focus on the Book of Mormon.  I love you guys so much and thanks for everything!!!!!  Thanks for always guiding me in the right way.  Oh and I have a couple questions...how is Gracie doing?  Tell me about stuff going on there and tell everyone to keep the letters coming, they are awesome!  And make sure to read D&C 138...it's the last chapter and has some really cool stuff about missionary work.  Tell everyone that I love them and Happy 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment