Kyle with his buddies!

Kyle with his buddies!
I made these cookies for family home evening with this family! They were a big hit

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

July 25th chat with Kyle

Kyle:  Ok, so this week was really good.  Just the normal stuff around the CTM but we got to go Prostiliting!  Ya, I don't know how to spell that in English or Portuguese but it was awesome!!  And we gave away 7 Book of Mormons in about an hour and a half.  They were all pretty good.  We had our fair share of rejections.  One was really funny cause one lady lied to us and said she had to run and when we had turned around cause we were lost, we walked by the bus stop and the same lady was still sitting there.  She had curled up into a ball on the bench.  Ha ha it was really funny.  One guy, Carlos actually came up to us and started asking us questions so that was really cool!
Mom:  Oh my gosh, that's awesome!  So were you talking in only Portuguese to all of them?  Was it you and Elder Jensen?  Does he leave this week and you the week after?  Also, did you get your cookie yet today?
Kyle:  Yes, all in Portuguese!  That is probably the best Portuguese I have spoken yet!  And the best part was that for the most part we could get what people were saying.  That's the hard part is understanding people.  Yes it was me and Elder Jensen and yes he leaves next Tuesday and me the next week!  And I got a cookie shake today and it was really good.  Then I took a nap cause I am not feeling super great.  I think I got a bug that has been going around but don't worry I'm already feeling better.  Let everyone know that I didn't send any letters out this week because I'm not feeling well.  The doc here is pretty cool and we are good buddies!  
Mom:  Do you still have vitamins?
Kyle:  Yes and I am going to start back up taking them because they really do make a difference.  Also, could you find out my old roommate Kendric's address?  I think he's in the MTC.  Check with McKann or Davis and see if they have it.  
Mom:  Where is the doctor from?
Kyle:  He is from Rexburg, Idaho.  Him and his wife got called here on a mission and got here about 1 week after I did.  He was a medic in Vietnam and then we practiced for 30 years.  He can't really do a whole lot here cause he's not licensed.  But he takes good care of all the missionaries health needs.  
Tell Grandma I will send her a letter this next pday when I'm feeling better.  I feel bad because I have gotten a little behind but I will get caught up next week!
Mom:  Well time's up again!  Have a wonderful week and I hope you get feeling better.  I love you and miss you more than you can imagine!  Your the best!!!
Kyle:  I love you too and give everyone a big hug and kiss for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment