Kyle with his buddies!

Kyle with his buddies!
I made these cookies for family home evening with this family! They were a big hit

Monday, October 14, 2013

October 14, 2013

My week was really, really good!  We have had some good success with less actives this week.  I had known about this family for a while but didn't know where they lived.  Then on Saturday I felt that we needed to go there.  So I called them up and asked for directions.  They live way down in the favela but we somehow got there.  There had been a bit of a scandal and they hadn't been to church in about a year but everyone in the ward loved them and they had gone to the temple and everything.  So I just started teaching them about the tree of life and we had a great lesson!  They said if she felt better they would go to church in the morning.  I was kinda sad because I really didn't think they would come because when we first got there they said that they wouldn't go to church in this ward.  But Sunday morning...they were there!!!  I about cried I was so happy to see them!


 We went to an ice cream shop today.  I had a banana split.  It was pretty intense...coconut ice cream, tapioca and chocolate with Nutella on top!  
 Me and my companion!
 Acaraje-which is a typical bahianan snack.  It's like a pasta stuff, shrimp tomatoes and fried dough.  it's really, really good!
We went and walked around down town this morning.  We went and explored this really old catholic church that was cool.  And then we saw these paintings on the side of a building.  Pretty cool!  We dress in our missionary clothes whenever we go down town because we are safer as missionaries than as tourists!

No comments:

Post a Comment