Kyle with his buddies!

Kyle with his buddies!
I made these cookies for family home evening with this family! They were a big hit

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

October 7, 2013

    I finally got the package with the ties!!!  YAY  One of the ties you sent me is the same mark as my suit.  It looks so sweet!  I have given almost all of my ties away so I was excited to get some new ones.  Although I'm sure they will be gone soon too! :)  Mom, you had asked if I have any special requests for Halloween candy...just send anything!  I love sharing candy with the kids here.  This conference everyone went to the stake center to watch and I had told some of the kids in the ward I would bring American sweets (starbursts) for them to try.  They kept coming up to me all day long asking for them but they had to answer a question about conference first before I would give them one!  haha it was pretty funny and they LOVE starbursts!!!
   I loved conference!  I really liked Elder Soares talk about being calm. He is brasilian so that was cool to see!  And we were able to get some of our investigators to conference so that was good too!
   We have a family night lined up for tonight so I'm excited about that.  We had a super powerful lesson with one of our investigators and a member.  This member is divorced with 3 kids and reminds me a lot of some of our friends back home.  She is such a huge help and a great mother.  I really like this family.
   There is the daughter of a member here who married an american missionary 15 years ago and now lives in America but is visiting here.  We spoke English and it was weird but cool.  I have forgotten some words in English because I hadn't spoken it for a while.  Also, she brought an old inactive friend with her to conference so that was good.
   I need to get some batteries for my camera and then I'll send you some pictures next week.
I love you all!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment