Kyle with his buddies!

Kyle with his buddies!
I made these cookies for family home evening with this family! They were a big hit

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

September 23, 2013

Hello Mom!
     Well this was my first week with my new companion, Elder Alves.  He is from Sao Paulo.  He is this super happy little Brazilian!  He has about 11 months on the mission and we work really well together! We have been doing family nights like crazy.  This week we've already had 3!!!  Last night I made chocolate chip cookies for everyone and they loved them.  They don't really have cookies like that over here.  I thought I had a recipe but half way through I realized it was incomplete so I had to improvise.  haha but they turned out pretty good!  For one of the other family nights I made a bundt cake.  The only problem is that when I took it out of the oven I tipped it over while it was still hot and half of the cake came out and the other half didn't!  So I picked it up with my hands and put it back in the form.  It looked terrible.  So I just put a bunch of frosting (sweetened condensed milk and nesquik) and we took it.  Everyone was laughing because it looked like crap (literally)!!!  But then they tried it and everyone thought it was sooooooo good and wanted me to make it again!!!  It was so funny.  See mom, I can cook!  Everyone here just uses sweetened condensed milk for frosting but I decided why not make it chocolate and add some nesquik!
     We only had sacrament meeting this week because a sister in our ward passed away so they had her funeral Sunday morning.  It was pretty sad.
    We have been super busy teaching this week.  Lots of good people here.
Well I love you all, have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment